Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Colloidal Silver for Athlete’s Foot and Other Topical Fungal Infections


Can colloidal silver help with stubborn topical fungal infections such as athlete’s foot? Well, according to these colloidal silver users, it sure can!
Hi, Steve Barwick here, for www.TheSilverEdge.com...
Topical fungal infections can be quite nasty and very frustrating.
Prescription anti-fungal drugs don’t always work.
And because of the potentially harmful side effects – such as liver damage -- not everybody with a fungal infection wants to use the prescription drugs.
Is there a safe, natural alternative? You bet there is!
In fact, in the recent study described in the article at the link above, colloidal silver even proved to be more effective than some of the most powerful prescription antifungal drugs!
But that shouldn’t be surprising. After all, Dr. Robert O. Becker, M.D., known as the father of electrically generated silver ions, demonstrated back in 1976 (in a study titled “Antifungal Properties of Electrically Generated Metallic Silver Ions”)…
…that silver has astonishing anti-fungal properties!
A Practical Method of Killing Athlete’s Foot Using Colloidal Silver!
My good online friend and fellow natural health journalist Tony Isaacs wrote a great article for NaturalNews.com covering seven different natural ways to heal athlete’s foot. One of those ways, of course, included colloidal silver.
Here’s what he said:
One sure-fire home remedy is to use a combination of apple cider vinegar, water, colloidal silver and moisturizer.
Soak your feet in one part white vinegar and four parts water for 20-30 minutes. Dry your feet and apply colloidal silver over the entire foot, being sure to get in between the toes.
Allow to air dry thoroughly and then apply a good moisturizer, such as the oil found in crushed garlic from the grocery store. Other good choices are tea tree oil, sesame oil and olive oil.
The combination of vinegar and colloidal silver kills the athlete's foot fungus and the moisturizer helps the skin heal.
Repeat the procedure twice daily and your athlete's foot should be gone in a matter of days. To prevent future outbreaks of athlete's foot, repeat the above remedy once each week.
Note: colloidal silver is optional, but it helps speed the remedy and makes it more effective.”
Does It Work?
I’ve heard from many readers that colloidal silver does indeed work wonders for fungal infections such as athlete’s foot. In fact, in many cases, colloidal silver alone was all that was needed!
Here’s a testimonial from the Colloidal Silver Success Stories web site, from a man who uses colloidal silver to cure stubborn fungal infections in horse’s feet:
Colloidal Silver Works for My Athlete’s Foot, As Well as for Fungal Infections On My Horse’s Feet!
“I use the colloidal silver for many things.
I'm a farrier and I give it to customers for clearing up thrush in horse’s feet. It has controlled chronic infections in a number of horses I treat.
It’s been successful in treating summer itch which is a fungal infection that horses get in warmer weather.
I also use it myself for athlete’s foot, skin injuries, as a mouth wash, and just about any external injury.”
-- Philip S., Littlerock, CA
And here’s another testimonial from the Colloidal Silver Success Stories web site, from a woman who tends to get athlete’s foot often during the hot summer months. She wrote:
Cured of Athlete’s Foot By Soaking My Feet In Colloidal Silver!
“I often get athlete’s foot, especially in the summer when it’s hot and I have to wear shoes, for example to work in my flower garden.
I do go without shoes whenever I can or wear sandals. The athlete’s foot seems like it can strike overnight! I will even get blisters between my toes and the itching almost drives me crazy!

But since I have your
Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator I can use as much silver as I want at a fraction of the cost.
So when these “attacks” happen, I use a glass 8x8 cake pan and put 2 cups of full strength colloidal silver in it. I then soak both my feet at the same time.
I wear a size 7 shoe and put the pan at an angle in front of me, it being a diamond shape not a square. My big toes are in the top point and my heels in the bottom point. They fit perfectly.

I soak them for at least 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening, after my shower.
Usually the first couple of soaks will relieve the itching, and within 2-3 days the blisters are healing nicely. I use the same silver for 2 soakings and then discard.”
-- J.K., Presque Isle, MI
Here are a couple more short testimonials, also from the Colloidal Silver Success Stories web site:
Colloidal Silver Healed My Athlete’s Foot, Bronchitis and Red Eye!
“My own experience has been phenomenal.
I had bronchitis for about 3 weeks when my Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator arrived. I made a batch and started taking it.
Within two days I didn't have any bronchitis symptoms. I was only taking a teaspoon per day. I was amazed.
It also cleared up my red eye which occasionally happens, as well as my athlete’s foot!”
-- W.E. Quirein
Colloidal Silver Clears Up My Athlete’s Foot Immediately!
“I’m diabetic, which means cuts and scratches in the leg or feet are sometimes difficult to heal.
If I get a scratch or a cut on my legs, I rub colloidal silver up and down where the wound is. The silver heals the wound twice as fast.
I also use the colloidal silver for athlete's foot -- clears it up immediately.
I will not go anywhere without my machine.”
-- Mike T., Challis, ID
Spraying My Athlete’s Foot 3 Times Per Day With Colloidal Silver Healed It!
“I had athlete’s foot. Sprayed colloidal silver on my feet and it went away in a short time. I sprayed generously, 3 times per day.”

-- D.A. Lenz, MN
Colloidal Silver Cured My Boyfriend’s Athlete’s Foot For the First Time In Years!
“My boyfriend has cured his athlete’s foot for the first time in years. He also suffered from bleeding gums, also gone.
This stuff is magic and no wonder the selling of it has been banned in Europe. Why? Because it WORKS! And it can be made for cents by every individual.
This is NOT what the pharmaceutical industry wants. They want us sick and paying them to remain sick.”

-- Lucy J.

I Could Feel The Colloidal Silver Working On My Athlete’s Foot Immediately!
"Hi, I've used colloidal silver for about a year. It's cured my nail fungus, athlete’s foot, swimmers ear.
I've used it for sinus with success and many other problems. I have a generator and wouldn't be without it now.
The nail fungus was only on my big toe to one side. I trimmed that portion off, exposing the nail bed. I soaked my feet in a baking dish full of colloidal silver.
The athlete's foot problem was on the other foot, so it took care of both problems at the same time.
I could feel the colloidal silver working on the fungus toe almost immediately and continued this for about a week and half. It took a while for my nail to grow, now I can wear sandals again."

-- Susan A.
Colloidal Silver Resolves Athlete’s Foot for Postal Carrier!
“I said that I would write back and let you know how things have been going with my new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator.
I have to say, things are great and I know it’s working. I'm still trying it on different things but it has worked very well on some issues.
… I used it on my feet, since I’ve had athlete’s foot and I'm walking in my shoes all day long six days a week, as I am a postal carrier.
Again, problem was solved. No more itching. And my feet were getting very nasty during that time!”

-- Curt S.
Colloidal Silver Cured My Daughter’s Athlete Foot!
“My 25 yr old daughter had been treating a foot fungus with many different over-the-counter products, with no luck in clearing up the fungus.
She had suffered with the pain and itching for almost a month. I encouraged her to dab on some silver water. She did and immediately the itching stopped.
I sent her home with a small bottle. The next day she called me....she had applied it several times that day. The pain was gone and the deep redness had changed to a pale pink. In 3 days after first application.....fungus was gone!!
I am no longer skeptical about it.”
-- Nancy S., Topeka, KS
Colloidal Silver Cured Athlete’s Foot and Several Other Problems!
I have cured "athletes foot problems) and several other problems with the home made silver.
You people have a fantastic product. Thank you very much!”
-- Mike T., Idaho
Colloidal Silver Healed Nasty Fungal Infection That Even Lamisil Wouldn’t Cure!
“While trimming her toe nails one day my sister discovered a hole in the skin between her baby toe and the next toe, she could actually stick the end of a Q-tip into it. She hadn’t felt any pain from it so I guess that’s why it took so long to notice it.
She showed her doctor and he said to put some Lamisil Antifungal Cream on it several times a day. Janie applied the cream 3 to 4 times a day for 3 weeks with no results at all. The hole did not get any bigger but it also was not getting any better either. She was very discouraged.
I suggested she try using the Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver I had given her, which I made with my generator bought from The Silver Edge.
So she stopped using the cream and began only using the colloidal silver by putting a cotton ball between her 2 toes to hold them apart and then used a glass eye dropper to put drops in the hole.
Janie would let it air dry before removing the cotton, but if she was in a hurry she used the hair dryer to blow it dry.
She would do this whenever she thought about it throughout the day and being it was summer and warm out, it was quick and easy to do because of being able to wear open toed shoes and no socks to remove each time.
In addition to the topical applications, she also was drinking 1 ounce of the colloidal silver 3 times a day.
After just several days she could see the hole was definitely healing and beginning to close up. Soon after that it had completely healed and the problem has not returned.”
-- S. Glentz, MI
Colloidal Silver Heals Persistent Fungal Infections Of the Feet!
“I use the colloidal silver water to treat persistent fungus infections, dipping my feet in silver water for 15-20 minutes every day.

Also I take it to prevent developing stomach flu. In this case I drink a glass of silver water 1-2 times a day.

Thanks for your wonderful product!”


-- A.B. Houston, Texas
Used Colloidal Silver to Heal Fungal Infection on Clydesdale’s Legs!
My Clydesdale, Taz, got a type of fungus under his feathers on his legs.
This happens because the feathers -- hair -- is so long on Clydesdales legs that the hair creates a wet, dark, warm environment for microbes and other things like that to grow.
I would spray Colloidal Silver on his legs/feathers on day, and the next day the fungus was already healing.
During wet weather season I did this 1x per week. He never got fungus again on his legs.
-- Sherri
Chronic Toenail Fungus Doing Better After Spraying Colloidal Silver On It!
“Toenail fungus: A chronic problem for several years.
I have been to Podiatrist and had a RX for Penlac. It did nothing.
I then sprayed the silver on my toes daily before putting on my socks. The fungus is not completely gone, but in eight months my toenails have grown back in clean and clear!
I will keep using the silver daily.”
-- Dan F., Naples, FL
“I’ve had one of your Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generators for some time and my daughter has used colloidal silver on her fingernails that had some kind of fungus. The silver healed the fingers.”

-- George, Torrance, CA
“Impossible To Get Rid Of” Nail Fungus Cured With Colloidal Silver!
"Folks, if you've never tried it, this is just amazing stuff. Both my husband and I had toenail fungus, which we found impossible to get rid of—even with tea tree oil—but the colloidal silver did the trick! You could see the changes in just a couple of weeks.

We take an ounce or so orally whenever we think about it throughout the day and spray the silver water onto the affected area first thing in the morning and last thing at night or whenever else remember to do it.

We bought our
generator from http://thesilveredge.com, but there are other companies out there as well.
We have no piece of the action at this site, but we highly recommend it because of our results."
-- elfExpressionsEzine.com
Colloidal Silver “Really Clears Up Toenail Fungus Fast!”

"We have two of your 'Micro' machines and love them - as do our clients in our clinic.
We make up our own foot bath electrolytes to treat Peripheral Neuropathy - and colloidal silver makes up a healthy amount of said electrolytes. It really clears up toenail fungus fast!"

-- JDS, Chico Holistic Healthcare
“We bought our Micro-Particle generator back in November 2009 and have been using the product which has been helping to rid my feet and legs of a dark fungus.
I take two shot glasses three to four times a day.
I have made over 25 gallons since ...we got our unit.
All of the CS is given away to our friends and family. Sometimes they provide the jars and distilled water. Thank you again for all you are doing."

-- David S.
What the Experts Say About Colloidal Silver and Fungal Infections
Experts agree that colloidal silver and other silver-based antimicrobials are often astonishingly effective against fungal pathogens.
Here are just a few quotes from various experts attesting to the powerful healing qualities of colloidal silver against fungal pathogens:
"In addition to its antibacterial properties, silver is also being studied as an antifungal agent.
A study published in Mycoses in 2007 indicated that silver is effective against four fungi 'which cause major fungal infections in humans':
Trichophyton rubrum, Candida albicans, Microsporum canis, and Aspergillus flavus.
Silver has also been studied as an antiviral, and has been shown 'to prevent [certain viruses] from being infective.'"
-- S.M. Foran, Therapeutic Properties of Silver: an Historical and Technical Review
"Silver is taken up rapidly by fungus spores, so that germination can be completely inhibited after a contact time of 1 minute or less.
Only mercury( I) and (II), and to a lesser extent copper, offer serious competition."
-- Miller, Lawrence P., and McCallan, S.E.A. 1957. Toxic action of metal ions to fungus spores. Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 5(2), 116-122.
"Silver was similarly toxic to a range of [fungal] pathogens including Pythium aphanidermatum, Thielaviopsis basicola and Fusarium oxysporum f.spp.
Most zoospores of phytophthora spp were killed by Ag+ in the range 5-50 ppb, bursting at the higher concentrations...
Zoospore cysts and germlings showed the same sensitivity to silver. Oospores were mostly killed over the range 25-100 ppb...
…It is surprising that no silver-based fungicide has been developed."
-- Slade, S.J., and Pegg, G.F. 1993. The effect of silver and other metal ions on the in vitro growth of root-rotting Phytophthora and other fungal species. Annals of Applied Biology, 122, 233-251.
"Spherical silver nanoparticles (nano-Ag) were synthesized and their antifungal effects on fungal pathogens of the skin were investigated.
Nano-Ag showed potent activity against clinical isolates and ATCC strains of Trichophyton mentagrophytes and Candida species (IC80, 1-7 microg/ml).
The activity of nano-Ag was comparable to that of amphotericin B, but superior to that of fluconazole (amphotericin B IC80, 1-5 microg/ml; fluconazole IC80, 10- 30 microg/ml).
Additionally, we investigated their effects on the dimorphism of Candida albicans. The results showed nano-Ag exerted activity on the mycelia.
Thus, the present study indicates nano-Ag may have considerable antifungal activity, deserving further investigation for clinical applications."
-- J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2008 Aug;18(8):1482-4., Kim KJ, Sung WS, Moon SK, Choi JS, Kim JG, Lee DG. Department of Microbiology, College of Natural Scienes, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702-701, Korea.
“…the antifungal activity and its mechanism of silver, Nano-Ag specifically, was investigated.

Nano-Ag, in an IC80 range of 1-25 µg/ml, showed significant antifungal activity against T. mentagrophytes and Candida species.
Toward all fungal strains, Nano-Ag exhibited similar activity with amphotericin B, showing IC80 values of 1-5 µg/ml, but more potent activity than fluconazole, showing IC80 values of 10-30 µg/ml.

…Many studies have shown the antimicrobial effects of Nano-Ag (Klasen, 2000; Russell & Hugo, 1994; Silver, 2003), but the effects of Nano-Ag against fungal pathogens of the skin, including clinical isolates of T. mentagrophytes and Candida species are mostly unknown.

The primary significance of this study is the observation that Nano-Ag can inhibit the growth of dermatophytes, which cause superficial fungal infections (Kim et al., 2008).
Nano-Ag also exhibited potent antifungal effects, probably through destruction of membrane integrity (Kim et al., 2009).

To the author’s knowledge, this is the first study to apply Nano-Ag successfully to dermatophytes and pathogenic fungal strains.
Secondly, the fact that preparation method of Nano-Ag described here is cost-effective is also of importance. Therefore, it can be expected that Nano-Ag may have potential as an anti-infective agent for human fungal diseases.”
-- The Silver Nanoparticle (Nano-Ag): a New Model for Antifungal Agents, Juneyoung Lee, Keuk-Jun Kim, Woo Sang Sung, Jong Guk Kim and Dong Gun Lee School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Republic of Korea
“In addition to being effective against fungi, this method of silver application has also been demonstrated to be efficacious against a broad spectrum of bacteria, including antibiotic-resistant strains.
The results of the current study demonstrate the excellent in vitro performance of silver, particularly the nanocrystalline form, against a variety of common fungal pathogens.
The most remarkable aspect of the fungicidal experiments is that nanocrystalline silver appears to be effective against the resistant spores produced by some of these organisms."
-- Wright, J.B., et al. 1999. Efficacy of topical silver against fungal burn wound pathogens. American Journal of Infection Control, 27(4), 344-349.
“The present study demonstrated that anodic silver (Ag+) at low direct currents had inhibitory and fungicidal properties.
Broth dilution susceptibility tests were made on several species of Candida and one species of Torulopsis.
Growth in all isolates was inhibited by concentrations of electrically generated silver ions between 0.5 and 4.7 mg/ml, and silver exhibited fungicidal properties at concentrations as low as 1.9 ,ug/ml.
The inhibitory and fungicidal concentrations of electrically generated silver ions are lower than those reported for other silver compounds.”
-- Antifungal Properties of Electrically Generated Metallic Ions, by Becker, Spadaro, Berger, Bierman, Chapin, published in Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, Nov. 1976, p. 856-860
"Silver ions are bactericidal, antifungal, protozoicidal, and active against herpes simplex virus."
-- Russell, A.D., et al. 1994. Antimicrobial activity and action of silver. Progress in Medicinal Chemistry, 31, 351-370.
"Beginning in the 1970s, several independent researchers found that silver ions easily destroy Candida and other fungi.
But it wasn't until a pilot study during the mid- 1990s that included human patients suffering from terminal AIDS that medical researchers established solid evidence showing just how quick and effective silver ions can be in the treatment of Candida as well as HIV.
In this study, nine individuals who were near death were divided into two subgroups. One group suffered from HIV and a terrible Candida infection.
The other group suffered from both HIV and an extreme form of malnutrition (known as Wasting Syndrome).
The researchers found that in both groups the colloidal silver was capable of killing pathogens and purging the bloodstream of germ defenses in order to restore the immune system."
-- Dr. Jonathan Wright, M.D.
"Topically, it can be used to fight fungal infections of the skin or nails and to promote the healing of burns, wounds, cuts, rashes, and sunburn. It can be used on toothaches and mouth sores, as eye drops, and as a gargle to fight tooth decay and bad breath. It can also be used as sterilizer and can even be sprayed on air-conditioning filters and air ducts and vents to prevent germs from growing."
-- Prescription For Nutritional Healing by Phyllis A Balch CNC and James F Balch MD, pg 66
“I sincerely recommend that everyone have electrically generated colloidal silver in their home as an antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal agent."
-- Dr. Joseph Weissman, M.D. board certified immunologist and Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of California Medical School
"In contrast to medical antibiotics that can be used only against specific microbes, colloidal silver has a wide range of effectiveness, eliminating bacteria as well as viruses and fungi."
-- The Natural Way to Heal by Walter Last, pg 161
"Silver is an anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal anti-metabolite that disables specific enzymes that microorganisms use for respiration."
-- Rare Earths, Forbidden Cures by Joel D. Wallach, BS, DVM, ND and Ma Lan, MD, MS
"Many strains of pathogenic microbes, viruses, fungi, bacteria or any other single celled pathogen resistant to other antibiotics are killed on contact by colloidal silver, and are unable to mutate. However, it does not harm tissue-cell enzymes and friendly bacteria."
-- Ron Barnes, PhD., Pharmacist, Capital Drugs
"In recent decades, studies have revealed the biochemical reactions of ionic silver that result in the inactivation of bacteria, fungi, protozoa, spirochetes, viruses, etc. However, the broad use of silver as a powerful clinical tool is still in the future because its full range of activity remains to be elucidated."
-- Davies, Richard, and Etris, Samuel. 1997. The development and functions of silver in water purification and disease control. In Catalysis Today, 36, 107-114.
“Metallic silver and silver compounds are used widely in medical devices and health care products to provide antibacterial and antifungal action. Experience has shown that they are generally safe in use and effective in controlling pathogenic organisms.”
-- A.B.G. Lansdown, PHF, FRCPath, Honorary Senior Lecturer, Department of Chemical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
Ag-NP's have strong antifungal activity on Candida albicans, Candida globrato, Candida parapsilosis, Candida krusei, and Trichophyton mentagrophytes.”
-- Biometals, 24 September 2010, Antibiotic effect of silver nanoparticles on Staphylococcus aureus
"For all bacterial, fungal and viral attacks on plants, flowers and fruit, simply spray diluted colloidal silver on the leaves; also, add to water, mixing one tablespoon per liter.
I put silver in my hydroponic system to eradicate root rot.
A friend of mine grows very rare orchids; these are sold overseas for a large amount of money. He was getting a fungus growing on some of them and they became worthless. We came up with the idea that the silver might eradicate the fungus, as it does on humans and animals. So why not give it a try?
It worked and he is a very happy man. he has now put a spray system in and all his flowers are sprayed at regular intervals and have never had any trouble since."
-- Colloidal Silver: the Hidden Truths, by Dr. Keith F. Courtenay (U.L.C., USA)
“Ag(e) has also proved adept at killing various yeast/fungus species at very low Silver concentrations, including Candida albicans, C. parapsilosis, C. tropicalis, C. pseudotropicalis, Torulopsis glabrata and Aspergillus niger.”
-- James South, MA, Biochemist
More About Colloidal Silver and Fungal Infections
While we’re on the subject of getting rid of fungal pathogens, here’s a great article you might want to read about a simple way to use colloidal silver to cure stubborn toenail fungus infections.
And for women who may suffer from Candida Yeast infections from time to time, here’s a short piece on how to use colloidal silver effectively to get rid of a Candida Yeast infection.
The bottom line is this:
The clinical studies show, and the experts agree that colloidal silver is a powerful and effective remedy for fungal infections of all sorts.
Yours for the safe, sane and responsible use of colloidal silver,
Steve Barwick, author
Helpful Links:
Important Note and Disclaimer: The contents of this Ezine have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Information conveyed herein is from sources deemed to be accurate and reliable, but no guarantee can be made in regards to the accuracy and reliability thereof. The author, Steve Barwick, is a natural health journalist with over 30 years of experience writing professionally about natural health topics. He is not a doctor. Therefore, nothing stated in this Ezine should be construed as prescriptive in nature, nor is any part of this Ezine meant to be considered a substitute for professional medical advice. Nothing reported herein is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The author is simply reporting in journalistic fashion what he has learned during the past 17 years of journalistic research into colloidal silver and its usage. Therefore, the information and data presented should be considered for informational purposes only, and approached with caution. Readers should verify for themselves, and to their own satisfaction, from other knowledgeable sources such as their doctor, the accuracy and reliability of all reports, ideas, conclusions, comments and opinions stated herein. All important health care decisions should be made under the guidance and direction of a legitimate, knowledgeable and experienced health care professional. Readers are solely responsible for their choices. The author and publisher disclaim responsibility or liability for any loss or hardship that may be incurred as a result of the use or application of any information included in this Ezine.

No comments: