Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Using Colloidal Silver for Mononucleosis (Kissing Disease) and Other Epstein Barr Virus Infections

Click here to learn how to make colloidal silver
While there’s no clinical evidence that colloidal silver is effective for mononucleosis (aka mono) or other related Epstein-Barr viral infections, the anecdotal evidence continues to grow. 

Many colloidal silver users say they were able to beat their mononucleosis, glandular fever or even chronic fatigue syndrome infections (all caused by Epstein-Barr virus) once they added colloidal silver to their nutritional supplement regimen. 

This should be no big surprise, of course, since many studies have demonstrated silver to be effective against a plethora of other viruses (see here, here and here).

Here are just a few of the anecdotal reports I’ve seen in which Epstein-Barr virus-related infections such as mononucleosis, glandular fever and even chronic fatigue syndrome were beaten once colloidal silver usage was started…

Hi, Steve Barwick here, for The Silver Edge

I recently stumbled across a testimonial online, from a mother who gave colloidal silver to her 16 year old daughter who had an extremely severe case of mono – the so-called “kissing disease” that so often afflicts young teens.

The child’s mono was so severe, in fact, the mother states that “She had turned yellow and every gland in her body was so swollen she could only drink from a straw and could not lift her head off the pillow.

Since that testimonial has a positive outcome, I’m going to reprint it here, in just a moment.  But first, some important background information on mononucleosis:

What Causes Mononucleosis?

Mononucleosis (normally shortened to “mono”) is generally thought to be caused by the Epstein-Barr virus – the same virus that’s been implicated as a cause of glandular fever as well as Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome.  It’s actually a herpes family virus, also known as human herpesvirus 4, or HHV-4. 

According to natural health journalist Maryam Henein, “Out of the roughly 320 million people in the U.S., over 225 million Americans have some form of Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV). You can get it by simply sharing a glass or a kiss… Infection with EBV is virtually inescapable; in the U.S., 95 percent of all adults will be infected by age 40, and 50 percent of all children by age five.”

Once the virus has been passed from one person to another, there is usually a period of between 4-7 weeks from the time of infection till symptoms begin to appear. Generally speaking, mono causes flu-like symptoms including fever, sore throat, headache, aching muscles, poor appetite and extreme fatigue.  Victims might also experience swollen lymph nodes.

According to NaturalRemedies.org, “In severe cases, mononucleosis can cause inflammation of the liver, which can cause jaundice and hepatitis.  Also, the spleen may become inflamed.  Less common symptoms include low platelet count, low blood count, pericarditis, inflammation of the lungs, and rash on the skin… Although the symptoms are not typically life threatening, they can affect a person’s quality of life for several months.”

NaturalRemedies.org goes on to state, “The immune system never completely removes the virus, which goes into a dormant phases when the symptoms of mononucleosis have subsided. A dormant phase is a period of inactivity where the virus goes into a kind of sleep mode and does not reproduce. Because the virus is a permanent part of the person’s body after infection, it can change from being dormant to being active again without warning. It is therefore possible that individuals infected with mononucleosis can have repeat occurrences of the disease.

Dr. Izabella Wentz, a pharmacist, agrees, stating, “The Epstein-Barr virus creates a latent infection in the body, where it lies dormant until the right time when it can reactivate and awaken.

To sum up, just about every human being has been exposed to the Epstein-Barr virus.  In some cases the immune system suppresses it, indefinitely.  In other cases the virus might cause a case of mono, and then go dormant in the body after running its course.  In other cases it can progress to glandular fever, which is similar to a severe case of tonsillitis, but tends to last for weeks rather than days.  A latent Epstein-Barr infection can also come back later in life as another case of mono, or as a case of glandular fever. 

In worst-case scenarios, particularly in cases in which there’s excess long-term stress in a person’s life, or a weakened immune system, or both, the Epstein-Barr virus can cause a more chronic form of disease normally referred to as Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome.  For a more detailed discussion on specific supplements demonstrated to help the body effectively deal with Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome, see An Open Letter to Victims of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.)

Interesting Anecdotal Accounts

While there are no clinical studies documenting whether or not colloidal silver is effective against mono or the Epstein-Barr virus that causes it, there are nevertheless some quite interesting anecdotal accounts (i.e., testimonials). 

Considering how prevalent mononucleosis can be, especially among teens, I thought I’d share a few of the ones I’ve seen.  Here’s what one woman posted:

“I came upon colloidal silver 6 years ago when my 16 year old daughter was diagnosed with a severe form of mono. She had turned yellow and every gland in her body was so swollen she could only drink from a straw and could not lift her head off the pillow.

The medical community put her on an antibiotic to clear up the strep throat and severe sinusitis that occurred due to the mono. They told me she would be out of school for about 8 weeks as her spleen had tripled in size.

I did some research and found colloidal silver online and mono (a virus) was listed as responsive to colloidal silver. I took the silver first and had no side effects. I gave it to my daughter and the swelling and yellowing of her eyes and skin disappeared in 3 days and she was able to swallow food again. She responded so quickly she was back in school 1 week after diagnosis cutting recovery time by 7 weeks.

Her spleen was back to normal in 5 weeks as we continued treatment. My pediatrician said that it was the worst case of mono he had seen in his practice of 30 years.

Ever since I have been using colloidal silver for my 4 teenagers and my husband for ear infections, stomach virus, strep throat, and bronchitis, burns cuts, or any other ailment. The key to using silver is to use at the earliest sign of symptoms. This decreases the number of doses. Once symptoms disappear discontinue use.

I do however think it is important to make sure there are no allergies to silver and you have to be careful if you are an epileptic or have other conditions that may react negatively to silver use. I think you also have to be cautious using it on kids under 15 or 16 depending on their body weight which would determine the strength needed.

Unfortunately, the woman gave no dosage information.  I’m assuming she followed the dosage recommendations on the bottle of colloidal silver she purchased, which usually state to take a teaspoon to an ounce a day.  It would be nice to know precisely how much colloidal silver she gave her mono-stricken daughter each day during that five week period of recovery, considering the severity of the condition and the positive outcome.

Here’s another testimonial on mononucleosis.  This one is from the colloidal silver Testimonials page on TheSilverEdge.com website.  And thankfully, the woman does mention the dosage she used when her son came down with mono:

Colloidal Silver has been a Godsend to my family. Aside from taking care of flu and colds it cured my son of mononucleosis, which the doctor had told us there was no cure for.

I researched it on the internet and what I discovered was that Colloidal Silver would cure mono. This was before I had purchased my Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator. I had been at a health food store and seen a bottle of Colloidal Silver on the shelf. I asked what this was good for, and the store clerk told me if you feel a cold or flu coming on then drink half the bottle and it would knock it out.

I purchased it and put it in my medicine cabinet and forgot about it. When my son came down with mono and I researched it I started giving him 1 teaspoon in the morning and 1 at night. Within 3 days he was fine. This sold me on the product.

I was starting to feel bad around the same time and none of my old remedies were working. So I tried Colloidal Silver also. I took the same amounts day and night and it worked like magic.

After that I purchased my Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator and the rest is history. My family has not been sick since
.”  -- P.A., Dodge, TX

In the above testimonial we see that a dosage of one teaspoon of colloidal silver given twice per day worked, and it worked within three days, which is quite astonishing. 

This was obviously a milder case of mono, compared to the case described in the earlier testimonial.  Sometimes one’s colloidal silver dosage has to be adjusted in accord with severity, which is to say, mild cases might need less colloidal silver, whereas difficult or chronic cases might need significantly more for a short period of time.

An article posted on the Green Mom website states:

When I had mono seventeen years ago, my mom brought over a bottle of colloidal silver for me. I didn’t know the first thing about the stuff, but my mom is a lifelong health nut and I trusted her. I don’t know if it helped speed my recovery, but I did start improving directly after I started taking it.

Naturopath Elizabeth Noble, author of Nature’s Amazing Mononucleosis Cures, states that “Colloidal silver (at 5 parts per million) is recommended at 1-4 teaspoons a day as a preventative.  It is safe for extended periods of time.  In times of acute illness this can be increased to 3-12 teaspoons per day for up to 30 days before dropping to a maintenance dose…I personally take colloidal silver twice a day at a maintenance dose.  I will increase it to four times a day, at the first sign of an infection appearing.  I also find it great for kids as you can pop it into their water or juice, and it does not really have a tastefor children aged 4-12, one third to one half the recommended adult dose is suggested.  Please check with your health practitioner for further guidance.”

Natural health practitioners often recommend colloidal silver for Epstein-Barr virus-related illnesses, as well, including for glandular fever which is more severe form of mono, and is similar to tonsillitis.  According to Ayurvedic practitioner Nish Joshi of the Joshi Clinic in London, “I give colloidal silver as a treatment for coughs, colds, sore throats and stomach upsets, and use it in conjunction with other treatments for glandular fever.”

Another woman wrote that colloidal silver healed her husband of a nasty case of chronic fatigue syndrome, which, as I mentioned earlier, is widely considered to be caused by the same Epstein-Barr virus that causes mono and glandular fever.  She stated:

"My husband had chronic fatigue and could never stay awake and was achy all the time.  I started giving him colloidal silver and now I have to tell him to go to bed.  He has more energy and is not tired all the time. Started out with 2 ounces twice a day, now down to 1 ounce twice a day.  Also the family takes it.” -- K.M., Oregon

Another woman wrote in to tell us about her experience with Epstein-Barr virus and Chronic Fatigue Immune Deficiency Syndrome (CFIDS):

"I have my own Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator I purchased from you and have been taking colloidal silver on an ongoing basis for about the last year. I've taken anywhere from a teaspoon to tablespoon a day as I have had Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) and then it went into chronic fatigue syndrome (CFIDS) back in 1990 and then relapsed in 2000 .

In 1990 I was so sick at that time that I was bedridden for three months or more. It took me over five years to start to feel like myself and then I still didn't have a lot of energy as this virus is always in your system and I would fall back into it off and on throughout that time frame.

Every winter I always got bronchitis and my doctor would find mycoplasma in my blood every year which causes pneumonia. I would have to be very careful so I would not fall back into Epstein-Barr virus even though it was many years later. The relapse that I experienced in 2000 was caused from getting bronchitis to begin with in that year. I have fought with the fear ever since of possibly relapsing again, since it happened to me back then.

I purchased my generator and made my first batch of colloidal silver on 4/3/2010. Prior to that, I purchased colloidal silver from an online site. This winter 2010-2011 is the first winter I've gone through in 35 years that I didn't get bronchitis, which in itself is a miracle. I'm no longer afraid that I may fall back into getting Epstein-Barr virus or CFIDS again. It's nice to have the energy levels that I once had prior to EBV/CFIDS some 20 years ago.

I also use this to brush my teeth and it keeps the plaque down big time, used it on cuts and they heal like in four days. I use it instead of sinus spray to clear my sinuses and keep from getting sinus headaches/migraines. I just emptied out a saline solution bottle and spray it in my nose in the morning and it works great. This is a wonderful product and I'm so glad to be able to have my own generator and make my own
."  -- MJS, Lansing, MI

As you can see, many people have found profound relief from Epstein-Barr virus symptoms by using colloidal silver.  Silver seems to drive the Epstein-Barr virus into its dormant state, so healing is faster and the symptoms of the disease disappear more rapidly than they otherwise might. 

Smaller Silver Particles Work Better

According to the WikiHow web page the covers natural treatment options for Epstein-Barr virus:

Consider colloidal silverColloidal silver is a liquid preparation containing small atomic clusters of electrically charged silver. The medical literature shows numerous viruses successfully treated with silver solutions. 

But efficacy depends on size (particles should be less than 10nm in diameter) and purity (no salts or protein in the solution).  Subnanometer-sized silver particles become highly electrically charged and can destroy the most rapidly mutating viral pathogens.”

That’s quite interesting.  The author doesn’t talk about the dosage to be used.  But he does mention that for silver particles to be effective against viral infections like Epstein Barr virus, they have to be very small “subnanometer-sized.” 

And indeed, numerous clinical studies have demonstrated that the smaller the silver particles are, the more effective they are against both viruses and bacteria.

That’s because, while conventional colloidal silver products can contain silver particles and clusters as large as 200 nm to 1,000 nm or larger, a typical virus can range in size from only 20 nm to 500 nm. And when the silver particles are larger than the virus itself, the viruses can’t absorb them.  This means the silver particles can’t get inside the virus to disrupt its DNA, which is what stops the virus from being able to replicate and cause infection.

Of course, the Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge allows you to produce your own high-quality colloidal silver with tiny, subnanometer-sized silver particles as low as .8 nm, which is a fraction of a single nanometer.  (See photos showing the difference between tiny, subnanometer-sized silver particles, and standard silver particles, here.)

So being able to use extremely small silver particles when a viral infection is in play appears to be an essential element in terms of whether or not the colloidal silver treatment will be successful. 

Other Natural Substances that
Help Again Mono/Epstein-Barr virus

There are other natural substances widely considered to be helpful for mononucleosis infections.  Extra virgin coconut oil, for example, contains the antiviral substance known as monolaurin.  Many parents of mononucleosis victims swear by giving their child three tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil per day. They claim it relieves the sore throat which often accompanies mono, and dramatically reduces the symptoms resulting in faster healing time.

Pharmacist Dr. Izabella Wentz, agrees, stating that “Monolaurin/lauric acid is one of the components of coconut oil, and has been found to be active against the Epstein-Barr virus.” She also recommends colloidal silver for immune support. 

Another helpful supplement, according to website accounts, is high-dose vitamin C, given to bowel tolerance.  In other words, according to online accounts from parents who use vitamin C on their children with mono, one might start out taking 500 mg. of vitamin C three times a day, and then gradually increase that to 1,000 mg. of vitamin C three times a day, or maybe even 2,000 mg. given three times a day until bowel tolerance is reached. 

The term “bowel tolerance” means that at some point the vitamin C will cause loose stools or even outright diarrhea.  That’s when you gradually begin to taper back down from the high dose you’ve reached, until the bowels normalize.  According to proponents of this technique, you then stay at that dose until all viral symptoms are gone.  Once symptoms are gone, some people recommend returning to the original starting dosage for a few weeks, as a “just in case” measure to help prevent a recurrence of the infection.   

Based on online accounts I’ve read, the antiviral amino acid lysine is also considered by many parents to be helpful with mono and other manifestations of the Epstein-Barr virus.  It’s generally used according to the instructions on the bottle.  But some parents say up to 1500 mg. per day – taken in divided doses, i.e., 500 mg. three times a day – is what helped their children with mono.

For particularly stubborn cases of mono or glandular fever, many people actually recommend taking all three of the above-mentioned supplements.  And I see no reason why small doses of colloidal silver can’t be taken also, throughout the course of the day, until the viral infection is conquered. 

However, please remember that I’m not a doctor, so nothing I say should ever be taken as “prescriptive” in nature.”  I’m just a natural health journalist, sharing my own experiences with colloidal silver, as well as the experiences of others. 

How to Make Your Own
Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver

 Click here to learn how to make colloidal silver
Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge allows you to make your own high-quality colloidal silver for less than 36 cents a quart.

Compare that to major health food store brands which usually cost between $20 and $30 for a tiny, four-ounce bottle, and you’ll see that the savings are astonishing. 

In fact, compared to health food store prices for colloidal silver, your very first one-quart batch of micro-particle colloidal silver actually pays for the entire cost the generator. Do you know of any other health product that literally pays for itself the very first time you use it?

Obviously, having the ability to make your own high-quality micro-particle colloidal silver for only pennies per quart is about as close as you’ll ever get to having "free" colloidal silver for the rest of your life, any time you or a family member, friend or loved one needs it. 

And because the silver particles produced by this amazing breakthrough in colloidal silver-making technology are as low as .8 nm – a fraction of a single nanometer – their effectiveness against pathogens can be astonishing. 

Because of their extremely small size, the tiny, submicroscopic silver particles are up to 1,000 times more bioavailable than conventional silver particles.  This means the human body is able to absorb 99-100% of the silver, send it throughout the body to kill pathogens, and then excrete it with ease, afterwards.

Plus, it’s now known that these tiny silver micro-particles are able to kill off entire colonies of pathogens with far greater effectiveness than conventional colloidal silver particles, because of the “zombie effect” described in this recent article about brand new research out of Hebrew University in Jerusalem. 

Perhaps that’s why so many thousands upon thousands of people absolutely rave over the effectiveness of their micro-particle colloidal silver, as you can see at this web page full of real-life colloidal silver success stories. 

Discover How Easy It Is…

If you’d like to learn more about making your own high-quality colloidal silver for just pennies per quart, you can…

  • Read how unbelievably simple it is to make your own high-quality colloidal silver for less than 36 cents a quart, here. 
  • Learn why the Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator is the world’s #1 best-selling colloidal silver generator, here. 
  • Find out how to save a whopping $100 on a brand new Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator, here. 
Meanwhile, I’ll be back next week with another insightful article on colloidal silver….

Yours for the safe, sane and responsible use of colloidal silver,






Helpful Links:

                                                                                                                                                 
Important Note and Disclaimer:  The contents of this Ezine have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.  Information conveyed herein is from sources deemed to be accurate and reliable, but no guarantee can be made in regards to the accuracy and reliability thereof.  The author, Steve Barwick, is a natural health journalist with over 30 years of experience writing professionally about natural health topics.  He is not a doctor.  Therefore, nothing stated in this Ezine should be construed as prescriptive in nature, nor is any part of this Ezine meant to be considered a substitute for professional medical advice.  Nothing reported herein is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.  The author is simply reporting in journalistic fashion what he has learned during the past 17 years of journalistic research into colloidal silver and its usage.  Therefore, the information and data presented should be considered for informational purposes only, and approached with caution.  Readers should verify for themselves, and to their own satisfaction, from other knowledgeable sources such as their doctor, the accuracy and reliability of all reports, ideas, conclusions, comments and opinions stated herein.  All important health care decisions should be made under the guidance and direction of a legitimate, knowledgeable and experienced health care professional.  Readers are solely responsible for their choices.  The author and publisher disclaim responsibility and/or liability for any loss or hardship that may be incurred as a result of the use or application of any information included in this Ezine. 

Copyright 2017 | Life & Health Research Group, LLC | PO Box 1239 | Peoria AZ 85380-1239 | All rights reserved.







No comments: