Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Colloidal Silver Recipe for Serious Sunburn Relief

 Learn more exciting ways to use colloidal silver at www.TheSilverEdge.com
If you’ve ever wondered if colloidal silver can be used successfully on burns and sunburn, here’s the anecdotal information you’ve been waiting for. 

And as an added bonus, you’ll learn a simple recipe for making your own silver salve burn treatment. 

According to the author, this easy-to-make salve has provided similar beneficial effects to prescription silver sulfadiazine cream (one of the most popular prescription burn creams in the world), but without the need for a prescription.

[Notice:  The following copyrighted guest article, "A Recipe for Serious Sunburn Relief," is reprinted with permission from the Grow Your Own Groceries blog, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite blogs for do-it-yourself and self-sufficiency (aka prepper) information. -- Steve] 

I’ve been a fan of colloidal silver ever since I had an unfortunate run-in with a burst radiator hose. I suffered 2nd degree burns all over the right side of my face, neck, shoulder, chest, and arm. I had several smaller areas of 3rd degree burning on my collar bone and armpit.

A nearby urgent care clinic prescribed me a miracle salve called silver sulfadiazine 1%. This salve almost immediately gave me relief from the overwhelming pain of my burns.

I had many concerns at the time – the volume of skin I had lost, the potential for infection, the certain scarring I would have, and the ever-present pain. But all I could do was go home and apply the silver salve according to the directions on the label.

I applied the salve with extreme care several times each day. After less than a week I lost a layer of skin that was basically dead and dry. I was left with the sensitive pink skin underneath, but no open wounds, no infection, and only minimal scarring!

It seemed that there was very little actual damage. I kept applying the silver salve for another week, and that was that. Completely healed. I avoided some pretty unthinkable pain and complications.

Within about four months, you couldn’t even see any evidence of scarring. Although to this day, when I get sun on the area, certain portions of the skin never get color – that’s really no big deal.

Ever since this happened, I have been looking for silver sulfadiazine 1%, but it is only available with a prescription. I do not want to grapple with another radiator hose to get a prescription – the hose always wins. Moreover, the prescription salve runs for more than $69 for a tiny 4 oz jar, and insurance doesn’t always cover it.

But this stuff is superb – it knocks out severe sunburns overnight. I used the remainder of my prescription on various minor burns and skin issues with 100% success.

I did some internet research and spoke with some chemists from a local university, and I came up with a “DIY” formula that has proven to have effects similar to the prescription silver sulfadiazine 1%, without the need for a prescription.

The formula is below, but please note that you should talk to your doctor before putting anything on or in your body. The prescription for silver sulfadiazine 1% comes with a warning that pregnant women ad anyone with allergies to silver should not use it, so I would imagine the same goes for this homemade stuff, or any colloidal silver products for that matter.

Homemade Silver Salve Burn Treatment

Instructions

In a small (4 oz) jar, add:

·       2 Tablespoons virgin, raw coconut oil
·       1 Tablespoon 100% Aloe vera gel
·       1 Tablespoon colloidal silver (15ppm – 28ppm recommended)
·       4 drops of essential oil for fragrance

Put the lid on the jar and shake the heck out of the mixture to blend it completely. That’s it!

For the essential oil, I recommend doTerra Lavender because it is good for skin irritation and it smells awesome, but you can use peppermint or whatever you like to give it fragrance.

If you have an Aloe vera plant available, I highly recommend squeezing the juice of a full leaf into the mix. This is what I did, and I think that contributed to this salve’s awesome effectiveness. The batches I have made turn white when mixed, which is cool because the separate ingredients are all totally clear.

Note that you should always keep colloidal silver out of direct sunlight, and you shouldn’t refrigerate it because the silver ions will re-bind and then sink to the bottom.

However, since this solution is thicker than straight colloidal silver, I’m guessing that it won’t be an issue. I opted to refrigerate my latest batch because it’s hot in AZ and I want the fresh ingredients to last the summer. I’ve used this salve several times to conquer even blistering sunburns on my nephew’s nose, and I can’t say enough about it.

--------------------------

I hope you've enjoyed the guest article from the Grow Your Own Groceries blog. 
  • Click here to check out over 100 in-depth articles on making and using colloidal silver.  
  • Learn how to make your own high-quality colloidal silver for less than 36 cents a quart at this link.
  • Discover how to save $100 on the world's #1 best-selling Micro-Particle Colloidal Silver Generator from The Silver Edge, at this link
Meanwhile, I’ll be back next week with another great article on colloidal silver….

Yours for the safe, sane and responsible use of colloidal silver,


Helpful Links:
                                                                                                                                                 
Important Note and Disclaimer:  The contents of this Ezine have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.  Information conveyed herein is from sources deemed to be accurate and reliable, but no guarantee can be made in regards to the accuracy and reliability thereof.  The author, Steve Barwick, is a natural health journalist with over 30 years of experience writing professionally about natural health topics.  He is not a doctor.  Therefore, nothing stated in this Ezine should be construed as prescriptive in nature, nor is any part of this Ezine meant to be considered a substitute for professional medical advice.  Nothing reported herein is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.  The author is simply reporting in journalistic fashion what he has learned during the past 17 years of journalistic research into colloidal silver and its usage.  Therefore, the information and data presented should be considered for informational purposes only, and approached with caution.  Readers should verify for themselves, and to their own satisfaction, from other knowledgeable sources such as their doctor, the accuracy and reliability of all reports, ideas, conclusions, comments and opinions stated herein.  All important health care decisions should be made under the guidance and direction of a legitimate, knowledgeable and experienced health care professional.  Readers are solely responsible for their choices.  The author and publisher disclaim responsibility and/or liability for any loss or hardship that may be incurred as a result of the use or application of any information included in this Ezine. 

Copyright 2015 | Life & Health Research Group, LLC | PO Box 1239 | Peoria AZ 85380-1239 | All rights reserved.




No comments: